Northeastern rolls past George Mason 71-46Jan 8, 2010 - 3:04 AM BOSTON(AP) -- Chaisson Allen scored 20 points and Northeastern pulled away in the first half to cruise to a 71-46 victory over George Mason on Thursday night.
Allen hit a career-high six of Northeastern's nine 3-pointers as the Huskies (8-7, 3-1 Colonial Athletic Association) won their sixth straight game and handed the Patriots (8-7, 3-1) their first conference loss of the season.
Northeastern took command late in the first half, breaking a 15-15 tie by outscoring George Mason 19-5 the rest of the way for a 34-22 halftime advantage. Allen hit two of the Huskies' three 3-pointers in the run.
Northeastern extended the lead to 44-26 on Mathiang Muo's two free throws with 14:49 to play and to 57-37 on Baptiste Bataille's 3-pointer with 5:16 remaining.
Matt Janning added 10 points for Northeastern.
Ryan Pearson had 20 points and 10 rebounds for the Patriots.
- NCAA BB
GEORGE MASON 46
NORTHEASTERN 71 FINAL
Jan 7 8:53 PM
- NCAA BB
GEORGE MASON 22
NORTHEASTERN 34 HALFTIME
Jan 7 7:49 PM
- George Mason senior Patrick Holloway suspended for 6 games Nov 10
- George Mason hires Bucknell's Paulsen as coach Mar 30
- Irish survive upset bid in NCAA opener Mar 19
- Midwest Regional action pits Irish against Huskies Mar 19
- George Mason dismisses Paul Hewitt Mar 16
- Northeastern dancing for first time since 1991 Mar 9
- Huskies and Tribe meet for CAA crown Mar 9
- Short-handed VCU handles George Mason Feb 5
- George Mason entertains No. 18 Virginia Commonwealth Feb 4
- Oklahoma downs George Mason Dec 31
- 18th-ranked Sooners play host to Patriots Dec 31
- No. 10 St. Louis holds off pesky George Mason in OT Feb 20