NC Central beats Tenn-Temple 75-50Jan 16, 2010 - 3:23 AM DURHAM, N.C.(AP) -- C.J. Wilkerson scored 23 points, leading North Carolina Central in a 75-50 rout of Tennessee-Temple on Friday night in the first round of the BC Powder Classic.
Both Nick Chasten and Vincent Davis tallied double-doubles for the Eagles (2-15). Chasten scored 15 points and grabbed 10 rebounds, while Davis had 13 points and a career-high 10 boards.
The Eagles trailed early in the game, but rebounded to take a 37-25 halftime lead. They broke the game open in the second on a 17-8 run midway through the frame.
The Eagles, who snapped an eight-game losing streak, outrebounded the Crusaders 47-31 and outscored them 43-16 in the paint.
Ed Pellot-Rosa scored 12 points and Vic Taylor added 11 to lead the Crusaders (6-11) of the NAIA.
North Carolina Central takes on The Apprentice School (Newport News, Va.) in the tournament championship game on Saturday.
- Strong first half lifts Maryland past NC Central Dec 10
- 19th-ranked Terps tangle with Eagles Dec 10
- Johnson powers UNC over NC Central Nov 15
- No. 6 North Carolina hosts NC Central Nov 14
- Iowa State cruises by NC Central Mar 22
- NC Central seeks upset of Iowa State Mar 21
- N.C. Central downs Morgan State in MEAC title game Mar 16
- Eagles and Bears clash in MEAC title tilt Mar 15
- Carter leads Wichita State past NC Central Dec 22
- NC Central hopes to shock No. 11 Wichita State Dec 22
- No. 23 Indiana rolls over NC Central Feb 23
- Indiana steps out of conference to entertain NC Central Feb 22