Arkansas State wins big in home opener, 93-47Nov 17, 2009 - 4:54 AM JONESBORO, Ark.(AP) -- Daniel Bryant scored 18 points to lead Arkansas State to an easy victory, 93-47, over Mac Murray College in its season opener Monday night.
The Red Wolves raced to an early lead against Mac Murray and were up 51-22 at halftime against the Division III school. Their biggest lead was the final margin of 46 points.
Arkansas State's Donald Boone left the game after four minutes with a knee injury. Red Wolves coach John Brady said after the game that the preliminary report on the senior was a torn anterior cruciate ligament, which would put him out for the season.
Four other players were in double figures for Arkansas State. Brandon Peterson scored 13, Brandon Reed had 12, Adam Sterrenberg 11 and Mike Lance 10. The Highlanders were led by Brady Slagle with 13 points.
- Arkansas State fined, vacates win after apparel violation Apr 13
- Murray State remains unbeaten Dec 18
- Red Wolves hit road to challenge undefeated Racers Dec 17
- Kuric, Louisville win big over Arkansas State Nov 22
- Red Wolves pay visit to seventh-ranked Cardinals Nov 22
- Memphis survives Arkansas State in OT Dec 2
- Western Kentucky rallies late for 65-64 victory Mar 7
- Arkansas State defeats Arkansas-Little Rock 89-82 Mar 7
- Stephen F. Austin holds off Arkansas State 54-49 Mar 3
- Troy finishes with 64-57 win over Arkansas State Feb 27
- Arkansas State defeats New Orleans, 63-56 Feb 25
- Western Kentucky defeats Arkansas State 78-76 Feb 21