San Diego State wins 77-52 over UC San DiegoNov 15, 2009 - 12:22 AM SAN DIEGO, Calif.(AP) -- Malcom Thomas scored 20 points for San Diego State in its 77-52 win over UC San Diego Saturday. San Diego State won its fifth straight season opener.
Freshman Chase Tapley scored 11 points and Kelvin Davis added 10 for the Aztecs, who shot 59.3 percent from the field.
UC San Diego, a Division II school, missed its first 13 shots of the second half and didn't score until Casey Ryan's basket at the 12:25 mark. The Tritons were 6 for 30 from 3-point range.
Tyler Acevedo scored 14 points to lead UC San Diego, for whom the game was an exhibition.
- Playing in the Garden nice consolation prize for Aztecs Mar 25
- Fisher's Aztecs looking for 7th straight NCAA tourney berth Mar 9
- SDSU tops San Jose State 78-56 to clinch share of MWC title Feb 21
- San Diego St. 9-0 at halfway point of Mountain West schedule Feb 1
- San Diego State says basketball program cleared by NCAA Jan 5
- Hagins scores 14 as Little Rock stuns San Diego St. 49-43 Nov 21
- Cheatham brings 'good energy' to Fisher's Aztecs Nov 4
- It's now Steve Fisher Court at San Diego State Oct 29
- Duke crushes San Diego State to reach Sweet 16 Mar 22
- Blue Devils battle Aztecs in South Regional action Mar 22
- San Diego State holds off St. John's to advance Mar 21
- Red Storm tangle with Aztecs in South Region Mar 20