Mavraides' 24 leads Princeton past Penn 58-51Feb 17, 2010 - 3:38 AM PHILADELPHIA(AP) -- Dan Mavraides scored a career-high 24 points, shooting 10 of 11 from the free throw line, to lead Princeton to a 58-51 win over Penn on Tuesday night.
Ian Hummer finished with 11 points for the Tigers (15-6, 6-1 Ivy League), who have won eight of their last nine games to maintain second place in conference standings behind Cornell.
Princeton, which never trailed, struggled to pull away from the Quakers (4-17, 3-4). The Tigers never pushed their margin past nine points - a free throw by Hummer with 14:32 left in the second half - throughout the contest.
The closest Penn got was when Zack Rosen, who led the Quakers with 15 points, hit two free throws cut Princeton's advantage to 43-40 with 6:03 to play. Jack Eggleston added 14 points for Penn, which shot 32 percent from the floor (16-for-60).
Princeton shot 50 percent from the field (19-for-38).
- Princeton forward Hans Brase to miss basketball season Nov 15
- Penn holds on to beat Robert Morris 76-75 Nov 13
- Donahue tries to revitalize career, sagging program at Penn Nov 12
- Penn names Steve Donahue men's hoops coach Mar 16
- Penn coach Allen resigns Mar 9
- No. 5 Villanova pulls away to beat Penn Jan 17
- Penn faces tall task in clash with No. 5 Villanova Jan 17
- Villanova pulls away from Penn in Big-5 clash Dec 5
- Red-hot Villanova hosts local rival Penn Dec 4
- Jones helps No. 17 Butler top Penn Jan 3
- No. 17 Butler plays host to Penn Jan 2
- Southerland, Syracuse roll over Princeton Nov 21