Princeton knocks off Penn 68-56Mar 10, 2010 - 3:16 AM PRINCETON, N.J.(AP) -- Douglas Davis scored 21 points to lead Princeton to a 68-56 victory over Pennsylvania on Tuesday night in the season finale for both teams.
Dan Mavraides added 11 points for the Tigers (20-8, 11-3 Ivy League), who led 40-14 at halftime on their way to reaching 20 victories for the first time since the 2004 season. Princeton also finished second behind Cornell in the conference.
Princeton shot 56.5 percent from the field (13 of 23) in the first half, going 5-for-10 from the 3-point line. Penn shot 23.8 (5 of 21) in the first half.
In the second half, Penn (6-22, 5-9) shot 53.8 percent from the field (14 of 26) to Princeton's 25 percent (5 of 20).
Ian Hummer added 10 points for Princeton, which finished the regular season on a four-game winning streak.
Zack Rosen scored 18 points, Jack Eggleston added 16 and Dan Monckton had 14 points for Penn.
- Princeton forward Hans Brase to miss basketball season Nov 15
- Penn holds on to beat Robert Morris 76-75 Nov 13
- Donahue tries to revitalize career, sagging program at Penn Nov 12
- Penn names Steve Donahue men's hoops coach Mar 16
- Penn coach Allen resigns Mar 9
- No. 5 Villanova pulls away to beat Penn Jan 17
- Penn faces tall task in clash with No. 5 Villanova Jan 17
- Villanova pulls away from Penn in Big-5 clash Dec 5
- Red-hot Villanova hosts local rival Penn Dec 4
- Jones helps No. 17 Butler top Penn Jan 3
- No. 17 Butler plays host to Penn Jan 2
- Southerland, Syracuse roll over Princeton Nov 21