Delaware State defeats Holy Family 67-57Nov 15, 2009 - 2:51 AM DOVER, Del.(AP) -- Frisco Sandidge scored 16 points and Alibaba Odd added 15 as Delaware State defeated Holy Family 67-57 in the Hornets' season opener on Saturday night.
Delaware State led 32-25 with 3:34 left in the first half on a Marcus Neal layup. The Tigers then used a 5-0 run to pull within 32-30 at halftime.
With the Hornets leading 45-42 in the second half, Odd scored seven straight points during a 42-second stretch to make the score 52-42. Holy Family, a Division II school, could get no closer than seven the rest of the way.
Justin Swidowski scored 20 points on 10-for-12 shooting from the field and was the only player in double figures for the Tigers. Holy Family made 24 of 46 field goals (52.2 percent), compared to 27 of 62 (43.5 percent) for Delaware State.
The Hornets had 11 steals with 10 turnovers, while the Tigers turned the ball over 20 times and had four steals.
- NCAA BB
HOLY FAMILY 57
DELAWARE ST 67 FINAL
Nov 14 9:15 PM
- Delaware State beats D-III Summit U 93-44 for 1st win Jan 4
- Hampton tops Delaware State for MEAC title Mar 14
- Hampton, Delaware State battle in MEAC championship Mar 14
- Delaware State fires Greg Jackson Jan 31
- No. 7 Oklahoma State demolishes Delaware State Dec 17
- Hornets hit road hoping to sting seventh-ranked Cowboys Dec 17
- Dayton tops Delaware State Dec 4
- 25th-ranked Flyers set sights on Hornets Dec 4
- Pitt stays unbeaten with rout of Delaware State Dec 8
- SC State defeats Delaware State 70-66 in OT Mar 12
- Delaware State slips past Bethune-Cookman 57-55 Mar 11
- Delaware State beats Maryland-Eastern Shore 57-37 Mar 4