Spencer leads LSU over Western Kentucky 71-60Nov 18, 2009 - 3:22 AM BATON ROUGE, La.(AP) -- Bo Spencer scored a career-high 28 points and made a tie-breaking 3-pointer as LSU defeated Western Kentucky 71-60 on Tuesday night.
With the score tied at 57, Spencer knocked in a 3-pointer with 2:48 remaining in the second-round game of the Dick's Sporting Goods NIT Tipoff. Following a Hilltoppers offensive foul, Dennis Harris dunked to give the Tigers a five-point lead.
Spencer then picked off a pass and drove for a layup. After grabbing a defensive rebound, Spencer clinched the victory by sinking three foul shots. Spencer, who was 8-for-9 at the foul line, also had seven rebounds and four assists.
Storm Warren had his third straight double-double for LSU (3-0) with a career-high 20 points and 11 rebounds,
Sergio Kerusch led Western Kentucky (1-1) with 25 points. A.J. Slaughter, who scored 30 points on Monday night, shot 3-for-17 and finished with 11 points.
- NCAA BB
LSU 71 FINAL
Nov 17 9:53 PM
- NCAA BB
LSU 29 HALFTIME
Nov 17 8:45 PM
- LSU coach: Guard Tim Quarterman leaving for NBA draft Mar 28
- LSU freshman Ben Simmons announces he'll enter the NBA draft Mar 21
- LSU coach takes responsibility for disappointing season Mar 15
- LSU coach: Tigers won't play in any postseason tourneys Mar 13
- LSU says Ben Simmons ineligible for Wooden Award Mar 5
- Simmons confident LSU will raise game vs. tougher schedule Dec 28
- Fast start by LSU's Simmons compares well to recent greats Dec 4
- LSU hoping Simmons, Blakeney make Tigers an SEC power Oct 29
- LSU embracing hype, expectations, surrounding Simmons Oct 14
- LSU's Mickey declares for NBA Draft Mar 31
- LSU sophomore Martin to enter NBA Draft Mar 25
- NC State stuns LSU on buzzer-beater Mar 20