Valparaiso rallies past Indiana-South Bend 78-56Nov 20, 2009 - 3:36 AM VALPARAISO, Ind.(AP) -- Brandon McPherson scored 25 points and Cory Johnson posted a double-double to lead Valparaiso to a 78-56 victory over Indiana-South Bend on Thursday night.
Johnson had 16 points and 12 rebounds for the Crusaders (1-2). Brandon Wood added 12 points and Howard Little 11.
Indiana-South Bend led 33-30 at intermission and extended that to 41-31 with 15:56 to play. But Valparaiso embarked on a 24-2 stretch that turned the game around.
Demon Eubanks came off the bench to lead Indiana-South Bend (1-6) with 14 points, including all three of his 3-point attempts.
Valparaiso outshot the Titans 51.0 percent to 37.5 percent and held a 34-23 edge on the boards.
The Crusaders, making their home debut, have beaten the Titans in all four of their meetings.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Georgia's Juwan Parker granted medical redshirt May 23
- Evan Maxwell transferring from Liberty to Kansas May 23
- No NBA: Trevon Bluiett staying at Xavier for junior season May 23
- North Texas AD Rick Villarreal stepping down after 16 years May 23
- Peter Jok to return to Iowa for senior season May 20
- Illinois' Tate rejoins basketball team after case dropped May 20
- NC State's Anya opts out of draft, returns for senior season May 20
- Canisius coach Baron retires after 29-year career May 20
- NC State forward Abdul-Malik Abu pulls out of NBA Draft May 19
- Prosecutor: Case against Illinois' Jaylon Tate dropped May 19
- Syracuse University appoints Daniel French interim AD May 19
- Menzies adds 3 more to UNLV recruiting class May 19