Ahelegbe leads N. Iowa over Boston College 81-69Nov 24, 2009 - 12:30 AM ST. THOMAS, Virgin Islands(AP) -- Kwadzo Ahelegbe scored 20 of his 32 points in the second half to lead Northern Iowa to an 81-69 victory over Boston College on Monday in the fourth place game of the Paradise Jam.
Boston College had no answer for Ahelegbe, who was 14 of 17 from the field and hit all three of his attempts from beyond the arc.
Adam Koch added 14 points and Jordan Eglseder 13 for the Panthers (3-1).
Corey Raji scored 18 points and Josh Southern had 12 to lead the Eagles (3-2), who led 41-38 at halftime but were hampered by 13 turnovers.
- NCAA BB
BOSTON COLLEGE 69
NORTHERN IOWA 81 FINAL
Nov 23 5:18 PM
- NCAA BB
BOSTON COLLEGE 41
NORTHERN IOWA 38 HALFTIME
Nov 23 4:15 PM
- Texas A&M downs N Iowa with historic last-minute comeback Mar 21
- Experienced Panthers eager to carry momentum forward Mar 19
- Jesperson's halfcourt shot puts Northern Iowa past Texas Mar 19
- First-year Texas coach Smart no longer the underdog Mar 17
- BC looks to avoid winless ACC year in football, basketball Mar 4
- 30 Boston College students get sick after eating at Chipotle Dec 7
- Carter, Robinson carry BC past Central Conn. 82-57 Nov 19
- Boston College eager for young stars to emerge Oct 26
- Boston College Preview Capsule Oct 26
- Northern Iowa gives Jacobson a new 10-year deal Apr 2
- Rozier, Louisville top UNI to reach 4th straight Sweet 16 Mar 23
- East Regional action pits Cards against Panthers Mar 22