Texas Southern routs Jarvis Christian 101-47Nov 26, 2009 - 7:13 AM HOUSTON (AP) - Texas Southern shot 61.0 percent and got points from 12 different players Wednesday night in a 101-47 rout of Jarvis Christian at the Health & PE Center.
DeAndre Hall and Jason West had 14 points apiece for the Tigers (3-3), who broke the 100-point mark for the first time since a 105-60 win over Maine-Machias on Dec. 10, 2005.
Starting forward Travele Jones and reserve Timothy Price each added 11 points to give Texas Southern four players in double figures.
Alvin Barrett scored 19 points to lead the Bulldogs (1-4), but also committed six of their 26 turnovers.
- Arizona cruises by Texas Southern Mar 19
- Arizona starts tournament play against Texas Southern Mar 19
- Texas Southern rallies late, wins SWAC title Mar 14
- Tigers, Jaguars meet in SWAC title clash Mar 14
- Texas Southern stuns No. 25 Michigan State in OT Dec 20
- Weary Tigers visit 25th-ranked Spartans Dec 20
- Gonzaga crushes Texas Southern Dec 16
- Tigers face uphill climb in clash with Bulldogs Dec 15
- Cal Poly shuts down Texas Southern to advance in NCAA Tournament Mar 19
- Mustangs and Tigers duke it out for spot in field of 64 Mar 19
- Texas Southern ends Prairie View's Cinderella run, wins SWAC Mar 15
- Franklin leads San Diego State past Texas Southern Dec 4