Troy crushes Arkansas-Fort Smith 115-76Nov 28, 2009 - 1:02 AM STATESBORO, Ga.(AP) -- Brandon Hazzard scored 27 points to lead Troy in a 115-76 victory over Arkansas-Fort Smith in the Legends Classic on Friday night.
Hazzard shot 10-for-18 from the field and hit four 3-pointers for the Trojans (3-2). Antywan Jones, Yamene Coleman, Michael Vogler and Richard Delk also chipped in with 15 points each.
Troy shot 46.3 percent (19-for-41) in the first half to jump out to a 51-37 halftime lead.
In the second half, Vogler nailed a 3-pointer that capped a 21-3 run, giving the Trojans a 72-47 lead with 14:08 remaining. Troy would take its largest lead of the game after Bernard Toombs' dunk with 1:38 left made the score 115-71.
The Lions (1-3) were led in scoring by Josh Simmons, who scored 24 points and grabbed eight rebounds. Jalynn Mitchell added 18 points.
The Lions were outrebounded 47-36, and committed 24 turnovers.
- Troy names Cunningham new men's basketball coach Mar 26
- No. 17 Mississippi State routs Troy Dec 10
- Trojans hit road seeking upset of 17th-ranked Bulldogs Dec 10
- White scores 27 as Ole Miss tops Troy 84-65 in NIT Mar 17
- North Texas 66, Troy 63 Mar 9
- North Texas edges Troy 66-63 for Sun Belt bid Mar 9
- Troy recovers to defeat Western Kentucky 54-48 Mar 8
- Troy beats S. Alabama 67-55 in Sun Belt quarters Mar 7
- Troy finishes with 64-57 win over Arkansas State Feb 27
- Troy comes back to beat Arkansas-Little Rock 76-73 Feb 25
- Florida Atlantic 80, Troy 86 Feb 20
- Troy defeats Florida Atlantic 86-80 Feb 20