Louisiana Tech beats TCU 68-63Nov 29, 2009 - 4:09 AM FORT WORTH, Texas(AP) -- Kyle Gibson's 13-point performance helped lead Louisiana Tech to a 68-63 victory over TCU Saturday night.
Gibson was only 3 of 13 from the field but 13 of 15 from the free thrown line. Magnum Rolle had a double-double, 14 points and 12 rebounds, five of which were offensive. Rolle also had five blocked shots. Louisiana Tech (5-1) only committed 6 turnovers on the night.
Zvonko Buljan led the Horned Frogs (4-3) with 15 points and six rebounds. Edvinas Ruzgas added 14 points and Ronnie Moss had 13. Moss led the game with eight assists and a game high five turnovers.
Despite shooting just 7.7 percent from behind the arc (1 for 13) Louisiana Tech was able to hold onto there 30-27 halftime lead.
- NCAA BB
LOUISIANA TECH 68
TCU 63 FINAL
Nov 28 10:00 PM
- NCAA BB
LOUISIANA TECH 30
TCU 27 HALFTIME
Nov 28 8:49 PM
- Helping Dixon: LSU assistant David Patrick hired by TCU Apr 20
- Jamie Dixon introduced at TCU, big boost for his alma mater Mar 22
- Dixon leaving Pittsburgh to take over at TCU, his alma mater Mar 22
- No. 9 Kansas squeaks past TCU Mar 12
- TCU faces tall task in Big 12 tourney tilt against Kansas Mar 12
- Morris, Niang power Iowa State past TCU Mar 8
- Cyclones battle Horned Frogs in regular-season finale Mar 7
- Sooners come back to beat TCU Feb 28
- TCU comes calling on No. 16 Oklahoma Feb 28
- Ellis, Jayhawks hold off TCU Feb 21
- Jayhawks host Horned Frogs in Big 12 brawl Feb 21
- TCU finishes strong, takes down No. 21 Oklahoma State Feb 14