Baylor beats Xavier 69-64Nov 29, 2009 - 7:48 PM ORLANDO, Fla.(AP) -- Tweety Carter had 27 points, including connecting on six 3-pointers, as Baylor beat Xavier 69-64 on Sunday.
Carter made his sixth 3-pointer of the game to put Baylor up 61-57 with 33.4 seconds to play at the Old Spice Classic. Baylor finished 11-for-23 from beyond the arc (47.8 percent), while Xavier hit just 7 of 18 3-pointers in the game (38.9 percent).
The Bears (6-1) secured the win by going 8-for-8 from the free throw line during the final 27 seconds.
Baylor also got 15 points and nine rebounds from Ekpe Udoh.
Jamel McLean scored 17 points and Jordan Crawford added 16 for Xavier (4-2).
Carter and Udoh both scored eight points as Baylor went up 26-25 at halftime. Carter hit a pair of 3s to help the Bears take a 11-0 lead with 17:11 remaining in the first half.
The Bears outscored the Musketeers 43-39 in the second half to seal the win.
- No NBA: Trevon Bluiett staying at Xavier for junior season May 23
- Xavier gives coach Chris Mack an additional year on contract Apr 14
- Badgers, Musketeers preparing for physical NCAA clash Mar 19
- Xavier pulls away from Weber State late for 71-53 win Mar 18
- Xavier opens tourney vs Weber St, hoping for deep run Mar 17
- King's heart: Baylor freshman playing with defibrillator Mar 15
- No. 5 Xavier looking to fix defense at Big East tournament Mar 7
- No. 5 Xavier in running for high NCAA tournament seed Feb 25
- Big East's top 2 teams set for high-stakes rematch at Xavier Feb 23
- Xavier's Sumner 'walking, talking' after hard fall at game Dec 31
- Baylor hopes to be motivated by lasting NCAA tourney image Oct 28
- Baylor at a glance Oct 28