North Texas 91, Coll. of the Southwest 62Dec 2, 2009 - 9:32 PM DENTON, Texas(AP) -- Guard Josh White scored 21 points to lead four players in double figures as North Texas beat Southwest 91-62 on Wednesday.
The Mean Green (4-2) pulled away in the second half despite 40 points from Southwest's Demetrius Evans. The sophomore forward from Chicago finished 15 of 19 from the field and also grabbed seven rebounds.
North Texas shot 65 percent from the field in the first half, closing the final six minutes with a 21-7 run that gave them a 50-32 lead.
Evans scored nine straight points, including a mammoth baseline dunk, to cut the Mean Green lead to 54-41 in the second half. He scored 23 points in the second half but didn't get much help: The North Texas bench outscored the Mustangs 30-1.
Freshman Jacob Holmen added 17 points and Shannon Shorter and Tristan Thompson 11 points each for North Texas.
Southwest fell to 2-6.
- Qualls leads Arkansas over North Texas Nov 29
- Razorbacks hope to continue fast start against Mean Green Nov 28
- McDermott leads Bluejays past North Texas Nov 10
- North Texas pays visit to No. 16 Creighton Nov 9
- Benford named North Texas head coach Apr 25
- WKU wins Sun Belt bid, goes dancing at 15-18 Mar 7
- Hilltoppers and Mean Green collide in Sun Belt title game Mar 6
- Moultrie, No. 24 MSU easily beat North Texas Nov 27
- 24th-ranked Bulldogs set sights on Mean Green Nov 27
- Bozeman lifts Arkansas-Little Rock to Sun Belt crown Mar 8
- Jayhawks continue amazing home streak, rout North Texas Nov 19
- K-State routs North Texas 82-62 in West Regional Mar 18