Jacksonville pulls away from Central Florida 61-51Dec 31, 2009 - 3:36 AM ORLANDO, Fla.(AP) -- Ben Smith scored 20 points to lead Jacksonville to a 61-51 victory over Central Florida on Wednesday night.
Jacksonville (3-7) led by 15 points in the first half, but the Knights rallied in the second half and took a 50-49 lead on Isaac Sosa's jumper with 2:36 left in the game.
UCF, however, scored only one more point and the Bulls finished the game on a 12-1 run to win the UCF Holiday Classic.
Lehmon Colbert's 3-pointer gave Jacksonville a 52-50 lead with 2:17 left and Smith hit another 3-pointer for a 55-50 advantage with 1:19 remaining.
Smith, who has scored at least 20 points in three straight games, was 5-for-11 from the field and 7-for-10 from the free throw line.
Sosa led UCF (8-5) with 12 points and Keith Clanton had 10 points and 11 rebounds.
Jacksonville defeated Buffalo 83-73 and UCF knocked off Liberty 82-58 in Tuesday's first round games.
- NCAA BB
UCF 51 FINAL
Dec 30 9:10 PM
- NCAA BB
UCF 27 HALFTIME
Dec 30 7:50 PM
- UCF introduces Johnny Dawkins as new men's basketball coach Mar 24
- UCF hires Johnny Dawkins as next men's basketball coach Mar 23
- UCF fires coach Donnie Jones following loss in AAC tourney Mar 11
- Morehead State beats Jacksonville State 82-71 Feb 27
- Former Jacksonville basketball standout Morgan dies at 67 Jan 15
- UCF's Taylor to miss remainder of season with leg injury Dec 23
- Jacksonville takes down Thomas (Ga) 92-64 Nov 23
- NCAA clears UCF 7-foot-6 recruit Tacko Fall to play Nov 13
- UCF files for academic waiver for 7-6 recruit Tacko Fall Nov 12
- Eligibility of 7-foot-6 UCF recruit in doubt as season nears Nov 10
- Jacksonville turns to Jasick Apr 9
- No. 13 Cincinnati sneaks past UCF Mar 14