North Carolina A&T defeats SC State 87-69Feb 18, 2010 - 3:17 AM GREENSBORO, N.C.(AP) -- Tavarus Alston scored 23 points to lead North Carolina A&T to an 87-69 victory over South Carolina State on Wednesday night.
The Aggies (10-17, 6-7 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference) shot 64.5 percent from the field (20-for-31) in the second half to outscore South Carolina State 57-41 and win their second straight game.
Alston was 9-for-17 from the field and Nic Simpson was 4-for-6 from the 3-point line as North Carolina A&T shot 41.7 percent from beyond the arc (10-for-24). The Aggies were 6-for-10 from the 3-point line in the second half and outrebounded South Carolina State 42-30.
The Bulldogs (14-10, 8-5) hit only three 3-pointers and shot 36.7 percent from the field (22-for-60).
Marc Hill added 18 points and Simpson had 12 for the Aggies.
Darnell Porter had 19, Jason Flagler scored 13, Tyvon Williams 12 and Brandon Smalls 10 for South Carolina State.
- Veteran North Carolina aims to end where it starts: at No. 1 Nov 2
- No. 12 Ohio State routs NC A&T Dec 17
- Hapless Aggies challenge mighty Buckeyes Dec 17
- No. 9 Virginia cruises past SC State Nov 18
- SC State faces tall task in bout with No. 9 Virginia Nov 18
- Hot shooting leads Michgian past South Carolina State Nov 12
- SC State pays visit to No. 7 Michigan Nov 12
- Top-seeded Louisville cruises past N.C. A&T Mar 21
- Top-seeded Cardinals get tournament run underway against Aggies Mar 20
- Flame Out: NC A&T edges Liberty in Tourney opener Mar 19
- NCAA Tournament gets underway as Aggies take on Flames Mar 19
- NC A&T wins MEAC Mar 16