Conley's lifts New Hampshire past Loyola 61-60Feb 20, 2010 - 9:09 PM BALTIMORE(AP) -- Tyrone Conley's jumper with 1 second left gave New Hampshire a 61-60 win over Loyola (Md.) on Saturday.
The Wildcats (11-15) trailed 60-55 with 2:44 remaining and scored six straight to snap a two-game losing streak. Shane Walker's layup started the spurt with 2:24 remaining.
The Greyhounds (11-11) then missed back-to-back shots and Alvin Abreu's free throws pulled New Hampshire within one with 54 seconds to go.
Loyola's Brett Harvey turned the ball over with 23 seconds let, setting up Conley's game-winner.
Abreu finished with 16 points while Conley and Brian Benson added 11 each for the Wildcats.
Jamal Barney scored 16 points for Loyola, which lost its third straight.
Harvey, Brian Rudolph and Jawaan Wright scored 10 points each for the Greyhounds, who shot 36.4 percent in the second half (8 of 22).
- New Hampshire rolls over Worcester State 100-66 Dec 8
- Late surge gets No. 13 UConn past Loyola Nov 27
- Greyhounds hoping to run past 13th-ranked Huskies Nov 26
- Marquette holds off New Hampshire Nov 22
- Golden Eagles seek redemption in clash with visiting Wildcats Nov 21
- Loyola-Maryland promotes Smith to head coach Apr 12
- Report: Loyola-Maryland extends Patsos Mar 28
- Thomas pours in 31 as Ohio State routs Loyola-Maryland Mar 16
- Buckeyes battle Greyhounds to begin tournament run Mar 15
- Loyola-Maryland captures first MAAC title since '94 Mar 6
- Stags and Greyhounds meet for MAAC Tournament title Mar 5
- No. 3 Kentucky downs Loyola-Maryland behind balanced attack Dec 22