Radford defeats North Carolina-Wilmington 76-68Feb 21, 2010 - 3:10 AM RADFORD, Va.(AP) -- Art Parakhouski recorded his nation-leading 22nd double-double of the season with 17 points and 14 rebounds, and Laz Trifunovic scored 19 points to lead Radford to a 76-68 win over North Carolina-Wilmington on Saturday night.
Blake Smith added 15 points and Amir Johnson had 10 for the Highlanders (16-11), who have won five of their past six games.
The Highlanders shot 56.3 percent from the floor (27-for-48), including 7 of 10 from 3-point range. Parakhouski went 7-for-11 from the field and Trifunovic was 8-for-12, making 6 of his first 7 seven shots.
Radford, which hit 10 of its first 12 field goal attempts, raced out to a 19-5 first half lead before heading to halftime up 40-29. UNC-Wilmington went five minutes without a field goal.
Montez Downey scored 23 points, and Ahmad Grant and Trevor Deloach each had 10 for the Seahawks, who lost their third game in a row.
- NCAA BB
UNC WILMINGTON 68
RADFORD 76 FINAL
Feb 20 9:05 PM
- NCAA BB
UNC WILMINGTON 29
RADFORD 40 HALFTIME
Feb 20 7:52 PM
- It's David vs. Goliath when UNC Wilmington meets Duke Mar 17
- Louisville holds off UNCW Dec 14
- Fourth-ranked Cardinals set sights on Seahawks Dec 14
- UNC-Wilmington hires Louisville assistant Keatts Mar 27
- Peterson out as UNCW head coach Mar 11
- No. 19 North Carolina cruises past UNC-Wilmington Dec 31
- Seahawks and Tar Heels meet in New Year's Eve fracas Dec 31
- Biedenbach resigns as UNC Asheville head coach Apr 3
- NCAA punishes Radford for violations Feb 24
- Kentucky rolls over Radford Nov 23
- Radford faces tall task in clash with No. 2 Kentucky Nov 23
- Walker, Gators bounce back to down Radford Dec 22