Miami (Ohio) defeats SE Missouri 69-53Feb 20, 2010 - 10:24 PM MIAMI, Ohio(AP) -- Antonio Ballard scored 12 points and three others reached double figures as Miami (Ohio) defeated Southeast Missouri 69-53 on Saturday.
Julian Mavunga and Orlando Williams each scored 11 points, and Kenny Hayes added 10 for Miami (12-15), who snapped a two-game losing streak. Nick Winbush contributed with 13 rebounds.
Miami led 40-32, then put the game out of reach with a 22-6 run for a 62-38 lead after a layup by Ballard with 4:10 to play.
Miami shot 50 percent (10-for-20) in the first half and made 43.4 percent for the game (23-for-53).
Marland Smith scored 28 points, including six 3-pointers, to lead Southeast Missouri (7-21), which has lost six games in a row. Smith made 9 of 18 field goals, but Southeast Missouri shot only 32.7 percent from the field (18-for-55).
- No. 21 Buckeyes overwhelm RedHawks Dec 22
- Buckeyes seek turnaround in clash with RedHawks Dec 22
- Williams, UMass down Miami-Ohio Jan 5
- RedHawks hit road seeking upset of 23rd-ranked Minutemen Jan 4
- Goodwin, Memphis stomp SEMO Dec 21
- Southeast Missouri hits road to challenge No. 15 Memphis Dec 21
- Grant leads No. 21 Notre Dame past Miami-Ohio Nov 9
- Irish tip season off against RedHawks Nov 8
- Miami-Ohio guard Moore suspended 9 games Nov 6
- Former Miami-Ohio coach Coles dies Jun 7
- No. 12 Mizzou snaps to attention, beats SE Missouri State Dec 5
- Tigers set to pounce on Redhawks Dec 4