Ball State defeats Tennessee-Martin 68-52Feb 20, 2010 - 9:29 PM MUNCIE, Ind.(AP) -- Terrence Watson and Malik Perry scored 15 points each and Ball State defeated Tennessee-Martin 68-52 Saturday.
The nonconference game was part of the BracketBusters series.
Ball State (15-11), of the Mid-American Conference, made 14 of its 25 shots in the second half - 56 percent - to break away from a 26-22 halftime lead. The final score was the Cardinals' biggest lead of the game.
Jarrod Jones had 13 points and eight rebounds for Ball State, and Randy Davis had 10 points and seven rebounds.
Marquis Weddle led Tennessee-Martin (4-23) with 15 points. Reuben Clayton added 11 points and Benzor Simmons 10 for the Skyhawks, members of the Ohio Valley Conference.
Tennessee-Martin is 0-14 on the road this season.
- Ball State hangs on to beat Valparaiso 69-66 Nov 28
- Bulldogs seek to ground Skyhawks Dec 22
- No. 19 San Diego State cruises past Ball State Dec 21
- Cardinals pay visit to 19th-ranked Aztecs Dec 20
- No. 25 Utah takes care of Ball State Nov 15
- No. 25 Utah opens season against Ball State Nov 14
- Tennesse-Martin tabs Schroyer as new hoops coach Mar 21
- Tennesse-Martin hoops coach James won't return Mar 3
- Ball State names Whitford hoops coach Apr 6
- Ball State fires hoops coach Mar 14
- No. 1 Indiana dominates Ball State Nov 25
- Ball State comes calling on No. 1 Indiana Nov 25