Bassett paces Ohio over Wright State 64-59Feb 20, 2010 - 11:56 PM ATHENS, Ohio(AP) -- Armon Bassett scored 26 points, 20 in the second half, to lead Ohio University to a 64-59 win over Wright State on Saturday.
A 3-pointer by Bassett, who didn't start but played 36 minutes, gave the Bobcats (15-13) a 53-50 lead with 4:07 left. Bassett hit another 3-pointer to make it 56-52 with 1:32 left after N'Gai Evans made two free throws for the Raiders (18-10).
A 3-pointer by Vaughn Duggins with 7 seconds left brought Wright State within three, 62-59, but Bassett hit two free throws with 3 seconds left for the final margin.
Duggins, who finished with 15 points, had 10 in the first half, which ended with Wright State ahead 25-24 after leading by as many as eight points.
DeVaughn Washington added 16 points and seven rebounds for the Bobcats of the Mid-American Conference.
Todd Brown scored 11 points and Cory Cooperwood 10 for the Raiders of the Horizon League.
- Wright State hires South Dakota State basketball coach Apr 4
- Wright State fires coach Billy Donlon after 6 seasons Mar 19
- Ohio State throttles Wright State Dec 28
- Raiders come calling on 21st-ranked Buckeyes Dec 27
- Phillips leaves North Dakota State for Ohio U Apr 6
- Milwaukee earns NCAA berth with Horizon League title Mar 11
- Panthers and Raiders duke it out for Horizon crown Mar 11
- UMass moves to 10-0 by subduing Ohio Dec 19
- Ohio hoping to knock UMass from ranks of the unbeaten Dec 18
- Buckeyes survive upset-minded Ohio Nov 12
- Bobcats battle 10th-ranked Buckeyes Nov 12
- Akron routs Ohio for MAC title Mar 17