2nd half lifts Oral Roberts over Austin Peay 89-80Feb 21, 2010 - 4:55 AM CLARKSVILLE, Tenn.(AP) -- Dominique Morrison scored 21 points and Kevin Ford had 19 for Oral Roberts, which came on strong in the second half to defeat Austin Peay 89-80 on Saturday night.
The Golden Eagles (17-12) shot 65.5 percent (19-for-29) in the second half after trailing 36-31 at halftime of the nonconference game.
Oral Roberts took the lead for good with a 17-7 run that made it 50-44 with 12:50 to play.
The Governors (16-13) trailed by three, 65-62, with 5:38 left, but Warren Niles, who finished with 18 points, hit a 3-pointer for Oral Roberts and Ford added a layup to make it 70-62.
Morrison and Niles both scored 14 of their points in the second half, and Ford scored 13 of his. Michael Craion added 16 points and 12 rebounds for Oral Roberts.
Wes Channels scored 25 points and John Fraley had 11 points and 11 rebounds to lead Austin Peay.
- NCAA BB
ORAL ROBERTS 89
AUSTIN PEAY 80 FINAL
Feb 20 11:03 PM
- NCAA BB
ORAL ROBERTS 31
AUSTIN PEAY 36 HALFTIME
Feb 20 9:49 PM
- Coach Dave Loos returning as Austin Peay coach Apr 5
- Top-seeded Kansas opens tournament play vs. Austin Peay Mar 16
- S. Dakota St. rallies to beat ORU in Summit League tourney Mar 6
- No. 15 Oklahoma routs Oral Roberts Dec 16
- Oral Roberts visits No. 15 Oklahoma Dec 16
- Oral Roberts forced to forfeit two Southland games Jan 7
- Baylor cruises past Oral Roberts Dec 31
- Bears set sights on Golden Eagles Dec 30
- No. 11 Wichita State cruises past Oral Roberts Dec 7
- Shockers play host to Golden Eagles Dec 7
- Kaminsky leads Wisconsin past Oral Roberts Nov 24
- Golden Eagles hope to soar past 12th-ranked Badgers Nov 23