UC Santa Barbara fends off Fresno State 64-60Feb 21, 2010 - 6:04 AM FRESNO, Calif.(AP) -- Orlando Johnson scored 23 points, including the clinching free throws, as UC Santa Barbara held off Fresno State 64-60 on Saturday night in a BracketBuster game.
Fresno State had a chance to take the lead on its second-to-last possession, but Paul George's 3-point attempt slammed off the backboard. Johnson grabbed the rebound, got fouled and sank two free throws with 0.4 seconds left.
Mike Ladd led the Bulldogs with 16 points, and George added 13 despite playing with four fouls for most of the second half.
James Powell added 10 points for the Gauchos (16-8), who lead the Big West Conference by a half-game over Pacific. Fresno State (13-15) is fifth in the Western Athletic Conference.
- NCAA BB
UC SNTA BARBARA 64
FRESNO ST 60 FINAL
Feb 21 12:46 AM
- NCAA BB
UC SNTA BARBARA 30
FRESNO ST 30 HALFTIME
Feb 20 11:27 PM
- Throwback centers featured in Denver's Midwest Regional Mar 16
- Wyoming outlasts Fresno State in triple OT Jan 18
- Cowboys visit Bulldogs in pivotal Mountain West clash Jan 17
- Kansas handles challenge from UCSB Nov 15
- No. 5 Kansas lifts lid on season against UC Santa Barbara Nov 14
- Siena downs Fresno State in CBI final Apr 5
- Bulldogs and Saints meet in CBI rubber match Apr 5
- Fresno State routs Siena, ties CBI Apr 2
- Siena seeks CBI crown in showdown with Fresno State Apr 2
- Saints and Bulldogs square off in CBI title series Mar 31
- New Mexico cruises past Fresno State Mar 14
- Lobos meet Bulldogs in MWC action Mar 13