St. Bonaventure 71, Saint Joseph's 78Feb 7, 2010 - 8:58 PM PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- Darrin Govens scored 22 points and Saint Joseph's defeated St. Bonaventure 78-71 on Sunday, ending a three-game losing streak.
The Hawks (9-14, 3-6 Atlantic 10 Conference), allowing 76.3 points per game in those three losses, scored 24 points off 22 turnovers.
Idris Hilliard added 19 points and Garrett Williamson had 16 and four steals for Saint Joseph's, which shot 46 percent from the field (23 of 50).
The Hawks trailed 55-52 with 8:54 to go, and scored eight straight. Williamson's free throws put Saint Joseph's ahead 60-55 with 7:33 remaining. The Hawks would lead by no less than five points the rest of the way.
Jonathan Hall scored 24 points and grabbed 11 rebounds for the Bonnies (9-12, 2-6), who lost their fourth straight. Andrew Nicholson added 19 points and Chris Matthews chipped in 10 in a game postponed from Saturday due to inclement weather.
- NCAA BB
ST BONAVENTURE 71
SAINT JOSEPHS 78 FINAL
Feb 7 3:17 PM
- NCAA BB
ST BONAVENTURE 33
SAINT JOSEPHS 31 HALFTIME
Feb 7 1:56 PM
- Versatility a key as top-seed Oregon faces St. Joseph's Mar 19
- Saint Joseph's and Cincinnati to play in 1st round of NCAAs Mar 17
- Surprising St. Bonaventure nudges into NCAA Tournament talk Mar 10
- Saint Joseph's flying high as Atlantic 10 contenders Feb 19
- Saint Joseph's rolls to 75-60 win over Penn Jan 20
- St. Bonaventure stuns VCU on buzzer-beater Feb 7
- Bonnies entertain 18th-ranked Rams Feb 7
- Sharp shooting leads VCU past Saint Joseph's Jan 11
- Hawks seek upset of 20th-ranked Rams Jan 10
- No. 10 Villanova rolls past Saint Joseph's Dec 6
- Bitter rivals clash, as Hawks visit Wildcats Dec 6
- No. 13 Gonzaga rips SJU Nov 20