UNC-Wilmington beats Towson 80-72Feb 12, 2010 - 1:07 AM TOWSON, Md.(AP) -- Chad Tomko, playing on a sprained ankle, scored a season high 22 points as North Carolina-Wilmington earned its interim coach his first win with a 80-72 victory over Towson on Thursday.
UNC-Wilmington coach Brooks Lee, who took over on Jan. 29 for Benny Moss, got his first career victory in the game that was originally scheduled to be played on Wednesday night. It was postponed 18 hours due to a blizzard that struck the Baltimore area.
Tomko, who sprained his ankle in the Seahawks' loss to Delaware on Monday, shot 6-for-15 from the floor. He made 3 of 7 from 3-point range to lead the Seahawks (8-17, 4-10 Colonial Athletic Association) in a win that avenged a 58-53 loss to Towson on Jan. 30.
Ahmad Grant had 18 points and Dominique Lacy added 10 for the Seahawks.
Calvin Lee and Robert Nwankwo paced Towson (6-18, 3-11) with 15 points apiece, while Troy Franklin added 14.
- NCAA BB
UNC WILMINGTON 80
TOWSON 72 FINAL
Feb 11 2:55 PM
- NCAA BB
UNC WILMINGTON 35
TOWSON 34 HALFTIME
Feb 11 1:51 PM
- It's David vs. Goliath when UNC Wilmington meets Duke Mar 17
- Louisville holds off UNCW Dec 14
- Fourth-ranked Cardinals set sights on Seahawks Dec 14
- Skerry's contract extended through 2020 May 2
- UNC-Wilmington hires Louisville assistant Keatts Mar 27
- Peterson out as UNCW head coach Mar 11
- No. 19 North Carolina cruises past UNC-Wilmington Dec 31
- Seahawks and Tar Heels meet in New Year's Eve fracas Dec 31
- Wiggins leads Kansas past Towson Nov 22
- Towson hits road to challenge No. 2 Kansas Nov 22
- Towson's Skerry given contract extension Aug 15
- Biedenbach resigns as UNC Asheville head coach Apr 3