St. Peter's 69, Loyola, Md. 61Feb 18, 2010 - 3:54 AM BALTIMORE (AP) -- Nick Leon scored a game-high 18 points and Saint Peter's used a big second half run to seal a 69-61 win over Loyola (Md.) on Wednesday night.
The Peacocks trailed 46-37 midway through the second half, but then held Loyola to just one field goal over the next 6 minutes while putting together a 19-4 run to seal it. Loyola got to within four at 61-57 with just under a minute to play, but the Peacocks went 8-for-8 from the foul line in the final minute to ice the game.
The Peacocks completed the first season sweep of the Greyhounds since 2004-05.
Saint Peter's controlled the boards, outrebounding Loyola 44-28.
Darius Conley added 14 points, Wesley Jenkins scored 12 and Ryan Bacon finished with nine points and 10 rebounds for the Peacocks (15-11, 10-6 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference).
J'hared Hall scored 12 points to lead Loyola (12-14, 5-11).
- Late surge gets No. 13 UConn past Loyola Nov 27
- Greyhounds hoping to run past 13th-ranked Huskies Nov 26
- Loyola-Maryland promotes Smith to head coach Apr 12
- Report: Loyola-Maryland extends Patsos Mar 28
- Thomas pours in 31 as Ohio State routs Loyola-Maryland Mar 16
- Buckeyes battle Greyhounds to begin tournament run Mar 15
- Loyola-Maryland captures first MAAC title since '94 Mar 6
- Stags and Greyhounds meet for MAAC Tournament title Mar 5
- No. 3 Kentucky downs Loyola-Maryland behind balanced attack Dec 22
- Greyhounds face tall task in clash with third-ranked Wildcats Dec 22
- Saint Peter's extends Dunne through 2015-16 Jun 22
- Purdue steamrolls Saint Peter's Mar 19