Mitchell scores 33 as North Dakota tops NJIT 90-78Feb 23, 2010 - 11:03 PM GRAND FORKS, N.D.(AP) -- Patrick Mitchell tied a school record with 10 3-pointers, scoring a career-high 33 points Tuesday to lead North Dakota to a 90-78 victory over NJIT.
The sophomore went 10-for-13 from long distance and 11-for-15 overall to lead the Fighting Sioux (8-18, 5-3 Great West Conference), whose 16 3-pointers tied a school record.
Mitchell nearly doubled his previous high of 17. Conference player of the week Travis Bledsoe added 20 points and Travis Mertens 11.
Chris Flores led the Highlanders (8-16, 3-4) with 25 points. Jheryl Wilson added 19 and Sammy Schickel 10.
Mertens and NJIT's Isaiah Wilkerson and Ryan Regis were ejected after a scuffle with 2:31 to play. Mertens and Regis were tossed for offsetting flagrant fouls. Wilkerson was ejected for leaving the bench.
The game had been scheduled for Feb. 11 but was postponed when a snowstorm on the East Coast prevented NJIT from traveling.
- Brian Kennedy taking over as head basketball coach at NJIT Apr 13
- North Dakota sells Fighting Sioux items to satisfy NCAA Feb 18
- North Dakota beats NAIA's Valley City State 80-59 Dec 17
- Youngstown St. tops N. Dakota 79-69 for Slocum's 700th win Nov 23
- Lynn's 27 points leads NJIT late surge past USF Nov 16
- Villanova uses second-half charge to down upset-minded NJIT Dec 24
- NJIT faces tall task in clash with No. 7 Villanova Dec 23
- NJIT stuns No. 17 Michigan Dec 6
- NJIT faces uphill climb in clash with No. 17 Michigan Dec 6
- Tresnak guides Weber State past North Dakota for Big Sky title Mar 16
- North Dakota takes on Weber State in Big Sky title game Mar 15
- North Dakota comes calling on No. 14 Oregon Nov 30