St. Francis, Pa. 50, Mount St. Mary's, Md. 65Mar 5, 2010 - 2:53 AM EMMITSBURG, Md. (AP) -- Jean Cajou and Will Holland each scored 14 points and Mount St. Mary's defeated St. Francis (Pa.) 65-50 in the quarterfinals of the Northeast Conference tournament on Thursday.
It was the 11th straight win for the third-seeded Mountaineers (16-14), who will play No. 2 seed Robert Morris in the semifinals on Sunday.
Kelly Beidler added 13 points, nine rebounds, three blocks and four steals for the Mountaineers. Shawn Atupem, the Northeast Conference Player of the Week, was held to eight points, but made all four of his field goal attempts and is 19-for-22 in the past three games.
Leading 44-37 with 10:01 to play, the Mountaineers scored eight straight to put the game out of reach at 52-37 on a free throw by Cajou with 7:02 to play.
Devin Sweetney scored 21 points and Cedric Latimer added 12 for sixth-seeded St. Francis (11-19).
- Mount St. Mary's coasts to 70-49 win over Robert Morris Jan 28
- Mt. St. Mary's uses big 1st half to beat Robert Morris 76-52 Jan 14
- Texas breezes past St. Francis Nov 26
- Longhorns put perfect mark on line versus Red Flash Nov 25
- LIU Brooklyn downs Mount St. Mary's, wins NEC title Mar 12
- NEC crown up for grabs as Blackbirds take on Mountaineers Mar 12
- Zeller, Hoosiers rout Mount St. Mary's Dec 19
- No. 6 Indiana takes aim at Mount St. Mary's Dec 19
- St. Francis (PA) names Krimmel head men's basketball coach Apr 19
- Burke placed on administrative leave Feb 16
- Moore, No. 15 Pitt cruise to ninth straight victory Dec 20
- Balanced attack paces Marquette past Mount St. Mary's Nov 12