Vermont routs Maryland-Baltimore County 76-59Mar 7, 2010 - 3:50 AM WEST HARTFORD, Conn.(AP) -- Maurice Joseph scored 19 points and Marqus Blakely had 18 points and 12 rebounds to lead Vermont to an easy 76-59 victory over Maryland-Baltimore County on Saturday night in the first round of the America East Conference tournament.
The win moved the Catamounts (23-9) into Sunday night's semifinal against New Hampshire.
Joseph was 4-for-6 from 3-point range and Blakely, the two-time conference Player of the Year who didn't win the award this season, notched his 16th double-double of the season. It was the 43rd of his career. Blakely also chipped in five assists and three blocks.
The win was Vermont's third of the season against the Retrievers (4-26). Evan Fjeld added 10 points and 10 rebounds for the second-seeded Catamounts.
Shawn Grant had 17 points and Adrian Satchell 14 for seventh-seeded UMBC.
- Vermont basketball player suspended for reselling textbooks Dec 24
- Duke survives with late win over Vermont Nov 24
- Vermont comes calling on No. 6 Duke Nov 24
- Iati lifts Albany over Vermont in America East title game Mar 16
- Albany takes on Vermont in America East title tilt Mar 16
- Napier, UConn top Vermont Nov 13
- Vermont seeks upset of No. 23 UConn Nov 13
- UMBC's Monroe resigns Oct 10
- North Carolina rolls on without Henson, tops Vermont Mar 16
- Vermont goes for broke in NCAA tourney clash with North Carolina Mar 16
- Vermont downs Lamar, joins field of 64 Mar 14
- Vermont battles Lamar in first round of NCAA Tournament Mar 14