Old Dominion routs Towson 86-56 in CAA tourneyMar 6, 2010 - 7:46 PM RICHMOND, Va.(AP) -- Gerald Lee scored 17 points to lead Old Dominion to an 86-56 rout over Towson on Saturday in the quarterfinals of the Colonial Athletic Association tournament.
The top-seeded Monarchs (24-8) advance to Sunday's semifinals to face the winner of the Virginia Commonwealth-George Mason game.
Six different Monarchs scored during a 13-3 spurt early in the first half. The eighth-seeded Tigers (9-21) were held to one field goal over 6:42 as Old Dominion took a 17-10 lead with 10:33 left.
A 12-1 run over the final 4:07 of the half gave the Monarchs a 39-21 halftime lead. Old Dominion held Towson to 30.8 percent from the floor and outrebounded the Tigers 28-11 - 13 offensive boards.
Old Dominion hit its first seven field goals in the second half. Lees nine points sparked a 20-9 start for the Monarchs. The biggest lead for Old Dominion was 80-43 with 6:39 left.
- Scoring spree: ODU guard Trey Freeman putting up big numbers Feb 17
- Western Kentucky knocks off No. 25 ODU Jan 10
- Western Kentucky hosts No. 25 Old Dominion Jan 10
- Newly ranked ODU rolls past Marshall Jan 8
- No. 25 Old Dominion takes aim at Marshall Jan 8
- Old Dominion knocks off cold-shooting VCU Nov 30
- 14th-ranked Rams butt heads with Monarchs Nov 29
- Skerry's contract extended through 2020 May 2
- Wiggins leads Kansas past Towson Nov 22
- Towson hits road to challenge No. 2 Kansas Nov 22
- Towson's Skerry given contract extension Aug 15
- Jeff Jones named coach at Old Dominion Apr 4