Jackson, Moore lead Siena over Rider 72-62Mar 7, 2010 - 11:33 PM By JOHN KEKIS AP Sports Writer
ALBANY, N.Y.(AP) -- Clarence Jackson hit a pair of 3-pointers and Ronald Moore added another to key a game-changing 16-0 run in the second half, and Siena beat Rider 72-62 on Sunday night in the semifinals of the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference.
Top-seeded Siena (26-6), whose only conference loss was 87-74 at Niagara three weeks ago, will play the winner of the other semifinal played later Sunday between the Niagara and Fairfield. It will be the fourth straight title trip for the Saints, who are the two-time defending champs.
Alex Franklin led Siena with 18 points, Jackson had 17, and Ryan Rossiter 10 points and 18 rebounds.
Moore finished with 15 points and 10 assists to run his career assist total to 812, one shy of Jared Jordan's MAAC record, which ranks 25th all-time nationally. Moore leads the country with 7.7 assists per game.
Ryan Thompson led Rider (17-16) with 21 points.
- Correction: T25-Rider-Maryland story Nov 23
- Siena's Ogunyemi won't have to sit out after transfers Oct 30
- No. 20 Michigan State trounces Rider Nov 28
- Orlando Classic action pits Spartans against Broncs Nov 27
- No. 11 Kansas easily gets past Rider Nov 25
- Rider faces tall task in clash with Kansas Nov 24
- Siena extends Patsos' contract Jun 18
- Siena downs Fresno State in CBI final Apr 5
- Bulldogs and Saints meet in CBI rubber match Apr 5
- Fresno State routs Siena, ties CBI Apr 2
- Siena seeks CBI crown in showdown with Fresno State Apr 2
- Saints and Bulldogs square off in CBI title series Mar 31