Utah State's streak hits 16 with 84-60 victoryMar 12, 2010 - 12:52 AM By SCOTT SONNER Associated Press Writer
RENO, Nev.(AP) -- Tai Wesley, Brian Green and Pooh Williams each scored 18 points to lead Utah State to its 16th straight victory, 84-60 over Boise State in the quarterfinals of the Western Athletic Conference tournament Thursday.
Jared Quayle added 13 points and 13 rebounds and Wesley also notched a double-double with 10 rebounds for the top-seeded Aggies (26-6), who outrebounded Boise State 47-27. Utah State will play Louisiana Tech in the semifinals Friday.
Daequon Montreal had 16 points and Robert Arnold 14 points and eight rebounds for the Broncos (15-17), who shot 38 percent from the field compared to Utah State's 53 percent.
Green was 7 of 10 from the field, including 4 of 6 from 3-point range. He had two 3-pointers and a 17-foot jumper during one late stretch to give Utah State a 69-53 lead.
- Utah State's Jalen Moore to submit name for NBA draft Mar 25
- Boise State blows out Concordia (Ore.) 100-53 Nov 23
- Utah State downs Union (Tenn.) 73-49 Nov 20
- Dayton holds home court, beats Boise State to advance Mar 19
- Flyers and Broncos meet in first round of NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Wyoming upsets Boise State in MWC semis Mar 14
- Cowboys hope to lasso Broncos in MWC semifinals Mar 13
- No. 25 Boise State drops Air Force to reach MWC SFs Mar 12
- Air Force takes on Boise State in MWC quarterfinals Mar 12
- Broncos down Aztecs in MWC battle Mar 1
- Broncos and Aztecs do battle in MWC fracas Feb 28
- Utah State coach Stew Morrill to retire at season's end Jan 9