Texas A&M-Corpus Christi 53, Stephen F.Austin 60Mar 12, 2010 - 4:54 AM KATY, Texas (AP) -- Walt Harris scored 15 points, 11 in the second half, to lead Stephen F. Austin to a 60-53 win over Texas A&M-Corpus Christi on Thursday and earn a spot in the Southland Conference Tournament Championship.
The Lumberjacks (23-8, 11-5), the No. 2 seed of the tournament, never trailed in defeating Texas A&M-Corpus Christi (17-15 10-6), which was 6 of 14 on free throws and 3 of 12 on 3-pointers.
Jordan Glynn and Jereal Scott each scored 11 points for the Lumberjacks. Eddie Williams added 10 points and 10 rebounds.
The win is Lumberjacks head coach Danny Kaspar's 400th coaching victory.
Texas A&M-Corpus Christi was led by Justin Reynolds' 17 points. Kevin Palmer scored 15, but struggled from the floor, going 6 of 22.
Stephen F. Austin is the defending tournament champion, advancing to the NCAA field for the first time in school history last season.
They will face Sam Houston State in the championship. Sam Houston defeated Southeastern Louisiana 88-85 on Thursday night.
- Doing it all: Versatile Walkup, Stephen F. Austin face Irish Mar 19
- Pressure! West Virginia, Stephen F Austin match frenetic D Mar 17
- Poeltl helps Utah down Stephen F. Austin Mar 20
- Utes face Lumberjacks in second round Mar 19
- SFA tops SHSU to win Southland tourney again Mar 15
- Lumberjacks and Bearkats go for Southland championship Mar 14
- UCLA tops Stephen F. Austin for Sweet 16 berth Mar 23
- Lumberjacks face tall task in clash with Bruins Mar 23
- Stephen F. Austin stuns VCU in overtime Mar 22
- Rams butt heads with Lumberjacks in tournament action Mar 21
- Stephen F. Austin drubs Sam Houston State for Southland title Mar 16
- Bearkats battle Lumberjacks in Southland Tournament final Mar 15