No. 11 Kentucky tops Coppin State by 30Dec 29, 2010 - 2:28 AM Lexington, KY (Sports Network) - Terrence Jones led a balanced attached with 18 points and six rebounds, as 11th-ranked Kentucky routed Coppin State, 91-61, at Rupp Arena.
Brandon Knight and Doron Lamb each netted 17 points, while DeAndre Liggins donated 10 points, eight boards and six assists for Kentucky (10-2), which crushed Winthrop 89-52 last Wednesday and has won five in a row. Josh Harrellson added 10 points in the victory.
Jordan Lee finished with a team-high 11 points for Coppin State (4-6), which has lost three straight. Tony Gallo and Akeem Ellis finished with 10 points apiece in defeat.
Kentucky led wire-to-wire in this one, as Knight hit a three-pointer on the Wildcats' opening possession and they were ahead 15-2 nearly seven minutes into the contest after Lamb made a pair from the stripe.
Coppin State was able to get as close as nine, 20-11, a short time later before Lamb's three-point play capped a 10-3 surge to put Kentucky ahead 30-14 at the five-minute mark.
A 9-3 run in the last two minutes of the half had the Wildcats up by a comfortable 40-19 margin at the intermission.
Kentucky continued to pull away in the second half as Jones' dunk and back- to-back layups put his squad up by 33 at 68-35 with 11:14 to play and the Wildcats cruised to the easy victory.
Kentucky improved to 2-0 in the all-time series against Coppin State with the other win coming in 2004...The Wildcats are now 6-0 at Rupp Arena this season...Kentucky shot 57.4 percent from the field, while Coppin State made on 36.1 percent of its shots.
- COPPIN STATE: 61
Dec 28 8:54 PM
- COPPIN STATE: 19
Dec 28 7:53 PM
- COPPIN STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Dec 28 7:07 PM
- Kentucky reserve G/F Charles Matthews requests transfer May 18
- Calipari plans to coach Kentucky 'the rest of my career' May 16
- Calipari: Defense, size will be Kentucky's initial strengths May 11
- Kentucky's Skal Labissiere announces plan to enter NBA draft Apr 5
- Kentucky guard Jamal Murray says he will enter NBA draft Apr 1
- Calipari: All eligible Kentucky players to enter NBA draft Mar 23
- Kentucky's up-and-down season ends with early tourney exit Mar 20
- Indiana tops Kentucky 73-67 for Sweet 16 berth Mar 19
- Kentucky falters, loses to Indiana 73-67 Mar 19
- Kentucky and Indiana square off for first time in 4 years Mar 18
- Kentucky routs Stony Brook 85-57, gets Indiana next Mar 18
- No. 4 seed Kentucky opens NCAA Tournament vs. Stony Brook Mar 17