No. 21 Utah State tops Fresno StateFeb 13, 2011 - 6:30 AM Utah State earned a 71-55 victory over Fresno State at the Dee Glen Smith Spectrum.
Brian Green had 13 points for the Aggies (23-3, 12-1 WAC), who bounced back from their first conference loss, 64-56, to Idaho on Wednesday.
With the win, Utah State clinched at least a share of the WAC regular season title for the fourth straight year. It was also the 29th straight home win for the Aggies.
Pooh Williams and Tai Wesley both had 10 points in the win, while Wesley added eight rebounds.
Nedeljko Golubovic notched 15 points for Fresno State (11-14, 5-8), which has lost two straight on the heels of a three-game winning streak. Bracken Funk tallied 14 points and six boards in the loss.
Tied at 13 early in the game, the Aggies scored the next nine points as part of a 22-2 run to blow the game open. Williams' three-pointer with just under three minutes to play in the half gave them a 35-15 edge.
They went ahead by as many as 23 points and took a 40-19 lead at the break.
Utah State kept its distance the rest of the way. Its lead ballooned as high as 26 points 3 1/2 minutes into the second half on another Williams three ball.
The Aggies cruised from there with the lead never falling below 16.
Utah State leads the all-time series 30-19..The Aggies made 48.8 percent of their shots, while the Bulldogs hit 41.7 percent from the field...Utah State won the battle of the glass, 36-21.
- Utah State's Jalen Moore to submit name for NBA draft Mar 25
- Throwback centers featured in Denver's Midwest Regional Mar 16
- Utah State downs Union (Tenn.) 73-49 Nov 20
- Wyoming outlasts Fresno State in triple OT Jan 18
- Cowboys visit Bulldogs in pivotal Mountain West clash Jan 17
- Utah State coach Stew Morrill to retire at season's end Jan 9
- Siena downs Fresno State in CBI final Apr 5
- Bulldogs and Saints meet in CBI rubber match Apr 5
- Fresno State routs Siena, ties CBI Apr 2
- Siena seeks CBI crown in showdown with Fresno State Apr 2
- Saints and Bulldogs square off in CBI title series Mar 31
- New Mexico cruises past Fresno State Mar 14