Missouri routs Arkansas-Pine BluffNov 29, 2010 - 12:46 AM Columbia, MO (Sports Network) - Kim English and Laurence Bowers each scored 18 points, as 11th-ranked Missouri routed Arkansas-Pine Bluff, 91-63, at Mizzou Arena.
Marcus Denmon netted 12 points and Michael Dixon ended with 11 for Missouri (5-0), which earned an 83-71 triumph over La Salle on Wednesday. Ricardo Ratliffe added a double-double with 10 points and as many rebounds in the win.
"Both teams came out and battled. I thought we found a lineup in the second half that worked for us," Missouri head coach Mike Anderson said. "We started out sloppy on offense with some careless mistakes, but we played good defense early on to stay ahead. Once we corrected those problems, we pulled away in the second half."
Dominic Moore had a team-high 15 points to go with 11 rebounds for Arkansas- Pine Bluff (0-6), which suffered a 70-63 setback to Hawaii on Wednesday. Terrell Kennedy had 10 points and 11 boards in defeat.
Missouri got out to a 12-5 start, then led 19-12 after Dixon hit from three- point range with 10:45 remaining in the first half. The home team extended its lead to double-figures, 26-16, with 6:18 remaining on two Denmon free throws.
A Steve Moore lay-in put the Tigers up 36-28, but Arkansas-Pine Bluff closed with an 8-2 run to get within 38-36 at the break. Allen Smith ignited the burst with a trey, and Gavin Montgomery closed it with a deuce.
Bowers opened the second half with a layup that started a 19-3 Tigers' surge and it was 57-39 with 14:10 to play after English completed a three-point play.
Missouri held a comfortable lead throughout on its way to the lopsided victory.
Missouri improved to 4-0 lifetime against Arkansas-Pine Bluff, including an 88-70 triumph over the Golden Lions last season...Savalance Townsend, Smith and Montgomery each netted 10 points in defeat.
- ARKANSAS-PINE BLUFF: 63
Nov 28 6:09 PM
- ARKANSAS-PINE BLUFF: 36
Nov 28 4:51 PM
- ARKANSAS-PINE BLUFF: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Nov 28 4:06 PM
- Missouri players Isabell, Wright decide to transfer Mar 15
- Anderson gets vote of confidence from athletic director Mar 9
- Missouri says F D'Angelo Allen plans to transfer Feb 29
- Missouri dismisses junior guard Wes Clark Feb 16
- Missouri's suspended players Gant, Woods in doubt vs Vandy Feb 9
- Banned Missouri booster says he meant no harm Jan 19
- Missouri admits NCAA hoops violations, vacates '13-14 season Jan 14
- Missouri at a glance Oct 29
- Missouri adds new faces, still picked to finish last in SEC Oct 29
- Turnovers cost Missouri in loss to Arkansas Feb 18
- No. 18 Arkansas plays host to Missouri Feb 18
- Kentucky tops Missouri Jan 30