Missouri dominates PresbyterianDec 12, 2010 - 1:35 AM Columbia, MO (Sports Network) - Kim English and Justin Safford each scored 14 points, as the 15th-ranked Missouri Tigers dominated the Presbyterian Blue Hose, 70-55.
Safford also pulled down six rebounds for the Tigers (8-1), who have won 52 straight home games over non-conference opponents. Marcus Denmon chipped in with 12 points for Missouri, which is 5-0 at home this season.
"It was great to see Justin. He's a senior that's going to help our basketball team," Missouri head coach Mike Anderson said. "I thought he was a lot more relaxed and really fluid out there on the floor. He's one of those guys who knows to cut and slash to the hole, rebound the basketball, he can fix things on defense."
Ryan Hargrave tallied 14 points for the Blue Hose (3-6), who fell to 0-20 against BCS schools. Al'Lonzo Coleman donated 10 points and 10 rebounds, while Jake Troyli also scored 10 points in defeat.
With the score tied, 7-7, early on, the Tigers ripped off 14 straight points to take control. Denmon, Phil Pressey and English all made three-pointers during the burst to make it a 21-7 game with 8:12 left in the first half.
English's trey with 3:34 remaining extended Missouri's margin to 36-16. It was 39-18 at the break.
The Tigers used a 5-0 flurry early in the second half to build a 44-20 lead.
Presbyterian never got closer than 15 the rest of the way.
This was the first-ever meeting between Presbyterian and Missouri on the hardwood...The Tigers' three previous games all came down to the final possession of regulation and two of those contests were decided in overtime.
- Missouri players Isabell, Wright decide to transfer Mar 15
- Anderson gets vote of confidence from athletic director Mar 9
- Missouri says F D'Angelo Allen plans to transfer Feb 29
- Missouri dismisses junior guard Wes Clark Feb 16
- Missouri's suspended players Gant, Woods in doubt vs Vandy Feb 9
- Banned Missouri booster says he meant no harm Jan 19
- Missouri admits NCAA hoops violations, vacates '13-14 season Jan 14
- Murray free throws allow Presbyterian to top Piedmont, 69-65 Dec 19
- Missouri at a glance Oct 29
- Missouri adds new faces, still picked to finish last in SEC Oct 29
- Turnovers cost Missouri in loss to Arkansas Feb 18
- No. 18 Arkansas plays host to Missouri Feb 18