Denmon leads Mizzou in rout of Old DominionDec 31, 2010 - 7:57 AM Columbia, MO (Sports Network) - Marcus Denmon had 22 points to lead 10th- ranked Missouri to an 81-58 win over Old Dominion at Mizzou Arena.
Michael Dixon had 18 points and five rebounds, while Matt Pressey added 15 points and five boards for the Tigers (13-1), who have won their past eight games.
"I feel that we're a good team, and we went out there, and I think we were hungry for the win," Denmon said.
Frank Hassell totaled 12 points and seven rebounds and Marquel De Lancey donated 10 points for the Monarchs (9-3), who had a four-game winning streak stopped.
"Hats off to them. They played a whale of a game," said Old Dominion head coach Blaine Taylor.
With the score tied at 19-all after Ben Finney made a pair of free throws with just over eight minutes to play in the first half, Missouri went on top for good on a Denmon three-pointer and Kim English followed with a three-ball.
Dixon later made two free throws and, after a pair from the line by Hassell, he made a three-pointer the traditional way to help Missouri take a 37-29 lead into the break.
Early in the second half, Missouri took control of the game with a 9-0 run and it was a 48-33 contest after English put in a layup just under four minutes in.
Pressey's jumper with under 10 minutes to play extended the Tigers' lead to 63-44.
Old Dominion never got closer than 12 points the rest of the way.
Missouri hosts North Alabama next Wednesday...Old Dominion plays at Towson on Monday...Missouri has won all four matchups with Old Dominion...Missouri hit 50 percent of its shots and had just 10 turnovers...The Monarchs shot 47.9 percent with 21 turnovers.
- OLD DOMINION: 58
Dec 30 10:04 PM
- OLD DOMINION: 29
Dec 30 8:54 PM
- OLD DOMINION: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Dec 30 8:06 PM
- Missouri players Isabell, Wright decide to transfer Mar 15
- Anderson gets vote of confidence from athletic director Mar 9
- Missouri says F D'Angelo Allen plans to transfer Feb 29
- Scoring spree: ODU guard Trey Freeman putting up big numbers Feb 17
- Missouri dismisses junior guard Wes Clark Feb 16
- Missouri's suspended players Gant, Woods in doubt vs Vandy Feb 9
- Banned Missouri booster says he meant no harm Jan 19
- Missouri admits NCAA hoops violations, vacates '13-14 season Jan 14
- Missouri at a glance Oct 29
- Missouri adds new faces, still picked to finish last in SEC Oct 29
- Turnovers cost Missouri in loss to Arkansas Feb 18
- No. 18 Arkansas plays host to Missouri Feb 18