Crimson Tide stay perfect, down BulldogsNov 24, 2011 - 7:10 AM Tuscaloosa, AL (Sports Network) - Charles Hankerson Jr. had 16 points, nine rebounds and five steals off the bench, as the 13th-ranked Alabama Crimson Tide stayed perfect with an 82-45 victory over the Alabama A&M Bulldogs.
Nick Jacobs added 15 points and 10 rebounds for the Crimson Tide (6-0), who are off to a 6-0 start for the first time since the 2006-07 season. Rodney Cooper also had 15 points.
Trevor Lacey and Levi Randolph donated 12 and 11 points, respectively, for Alabama, which was fresh off its 2011 Puerto Rico Tip-off title.
"It was awesome seeing the whole team do well, seeing everybody succeed," said Hankerson. "We worked so hard and we put everything into this. It was just good seeing everybody doing their thing out there."
Demarquelle Tabb ended with 11 points and seven boards for the Bulldogs (2-2), who shot just 23.9 percent from the floor. Casey Canty and Jeremy Crutcher added 10 and nine points, respectively.
The Crimson Tide dominated the game from the start, scoring the game's first 10 points.
The Bulldogs couldn't buy a bucket in the early going. Tabb's layup with just under four minutes left in the first half proved to be Alabama A&M's first field goal of the contest.
Alabama cruised to a 48-20 lead at the break and never looked back in the second half.
"You use it as a learning tool, but I came down trying to win one," Alabama A&M head coach Willie Hayes said of the lopsided win. "We tried to win one but you do use it as a learning tool."
Alabama has never lost to Alabama A&M, winning each of the five encounters...The Crimson Tide improved to 28-0 all-time against teams from the SWAC...Alabama has won 23 straight home games dating back to 2010.
- Alabama signs Ohio State transfer Daniel Giddens May 17
- Alabama signs graduate transfer guard from Morehead State May 2
- Alabama hires John Pelphrey as associate head coach Apr 13
- Alabama players Coleman, Kessens leaving program Mar 30
- Johnson taking the long view after first season at Alabama Mar 16
- Obasohan helps lead Alabama into NCAA tourney contention Feb 18
- Johnson, Bama's tough run starts with No. 15 Texas A&M Feb 9
- Alabama point guard Ingram out for season with foot injury Dec 10
- Alabama's Avery Johnson set for college coaching debut Nov 12
- Alabama Preview Capsule Oct 29
- Avery Johnson stirring up excitement before Alabama debut Oct 29
- Alabama tabs Avery Johnson as men's basketball coach Apr 6