Jones shines as Baylor crushes Prairie View A&MNov 30, 2011 - 6:08 AM Baylor Bears routed the Prairie View A&M Panthers, 90-54.
Quincy Acy chipped in with 13 points and 11 rebounds for the Bears (6-0), who have won all six of their games at home.
Montreal Scott netted 14 points and Jules Montgomery scored 13 points and posted 11 rebounds for the Panthers (2-6), who have lost six straight games.
Prairie View A&M jumped off to a quick 11-2 lead after Scott hit three treys in the opening four minutes of the game, but Baylor responded with a 27-5 run for a 29-16 lead with seven minutes to go until the break.
"We came out strong and we've got to keep that momentum," Prairie View A&M Byron Rimm III said. "It's a 40-minute game."
Jones scored 16 points on 7-of-8 shooting as the Bears took a 46-24 advantage after the opening 20 minutes.
"As far as tonight goes, it was great having Perry Jones III back," Baylor head coach Scott Drew said. "I think we know on the court what he provides a team, but off the court he is such a great teammate. Everyone likes him so much and I think everybody was really happy to see him get out there and play again."
The Bears continued the onslaught in the second half, outscoring the Panthers, 44-30.
Baylor shot 52 percent from the field and made 30-of-37 attempts from the line.
Prairie View A&M shot just 33 percent from the field, but connected on 9-of-19 attempts from beyond the arc.
Pierre Jackson scored 17 points and dished out eight assists for Baylor off the bench...Baylor is 6-0 for the third time in four seasons...The Bears have won 24 straight non-conference home games...Baylor star freshman Quincy Miller didn't play due to an ankle injury.
- PRAIRIE VIEW A&M: 54
Nov 29 10:02 PM
- PRAIRIE VIEW A&M: 24
Nov 29 8:55 PM
- PRAIRIE VIEW A&M: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Nov 29 8:06 PM
- King's heart: Baylor freshman playing with defibrillator Mar 15
- Prairie View coach Rimm resigns with Panthers 1-18 Jan 27
- Baylor hopes to be motivated by lasting NCAA tourney image Oct 28
- Baylor at a glance Oct 28
- Georgia State upsets Baylor on Hunter's 3 Mar 19
- Bears and Panthers clash in West Regional Mar 19
- No. 9 Kansas tops No. 16 Baylor to reach Big 12 title game Mar 14
- Baylor and Kansas meet in Big 12 Tournament semifinals Mar 13
- Baylor tops West Virginia in Big 12 tourney Mar 12
- Mountaineers challenge Bears in Big 12 Tournament action Mar 12
- Baylor rallies past Texas Tech Mar 7
- Texas Tech and Baylor meet in regular-season finale Mar 6