No. 23 Saint Louis downs PortlandDec 4, 2011 - 3:31 AM St. Louis, MO (Sports Network) - Brian Conklin scored 19 points on 7-of-7 shooting from the field, and No. 23 Saint Louis bounced back from its first loss of the season with a 73-53 victory over Portland.
Cody Ellis added 16 points, while Kyle Cassity and Mike McCall Jr. chipped in 10 points apiece for the Billikens (7-1), who dropped a 75-68 decision at Loyola Marymount on Tuesday.
Thomas van der Mars led Portland (3-5) with 12 points, while Ryan Nicholas and Tanner Riley each netted 11 points in defeat.
McCall drained a three-pointer to cap a 10-0 run that gave the Billikens a 22-9 lead with seven minutes left in the first half.
Van der Mars stopped the run with a jumper, but Saint Louis scored the next nine points and cruised into the locker room with a 38-16 cushion.
The margin reached as high as 26 in the second half.
Saint Louis coach Rick Majerus is two wins away from reaching 500 for his career...The Billikens made 7-of-17 from behind the arc, compared to Portland's 3-for-9 effort.
- PORTLAND: 53
ST. LOUIS: 73
Dec 3 10:02 PM
- PORTLAND: 16
ST. LOUIS: 38
Dec 3 8:59 PM
- PORTLAND: 0
ST. LOUIS: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Dec 3 8:20 PM
- Terry Porter introduced as new Portland Pilots coach Apr 5
- Portland Pilots hire Terry Porter as basketball coach Apr 2
- Wintering sparks Portland past Abilene Christian, 87-57 Nov 23
- Graham leads VCU's rout of Saint Louis Feb 18
- Saint Louis comes calling on No. 25 VCU Feb 17
- No. 3 Gonzaga routs Portland Jan 30
- Pilots hope to fly past third-ranked Bulldogs Jan 29
- No. 16 VCU holds off Saint Louis with last-second shot Jan 23
- Billikens battle 16th-ranked Rams in A-10 action Jan 23
- Gonzaga fends off Portland Jan 3
- Portland hosts No. 7 Gonzaga in WCC showdown Jan 3
- Wichita State routs Saint Louis Dec 7