No. 2 Kentucky rips Arkansas-Little RockJan 4, 2012 - 5:51 AM Kentucky recovered from a halftime deficit for a 73-51 win over Arkansas-Little Rock on Tuesday.
Darius Miller had 15 points and six rebounds while Terrence Jones added 10 points and six boards for the Wildcats (14-1), who have won their past six games.
Chuck Guy scored 19 points and D'Andre Williams added 11 points and six assists for the Trojans (5-11), who had won their previous two.
The Trojans held a five-point lead midway through the first half on consecutive jumpers from Williams, but Kentucky rallied for a one-point lead, 25-24, on Davis' slam with two minutes to play.
Guy, though, answered with consecutive three-pointers and Arkansas-Little Rock eventually took a 30-27 lead into the break.
"In the first half we kind of struggled coming out of the gate," said Davis. "They were making shots and they were playing excellent. Every team is going to come out and play like that against us."
A 9-0 run early in the second half gave Kentucky the lead, which Michael Kidd- Gilchrist cemented with a three-pointer for a 40-34 advantage with 13 minutes to play.
Guy's free throw broke the string, but Kentucky rattled off the next 14 points with Lam's layup making it a 54-35 game with 8 1/2 minutes left.
That proved to be too much for the Trojans as the Wildcats cruised from there for the win.
"We've led a lot of games in the second half, but struggled at times to learn how to win," said Trojans head coach Steve Shields. "It's an ongoing process for a young basketball team. We have seven new guys on this team this year, and the two conference wins coming into this game were big for our team."
Kentucky hosts South Carolina on Saturday...Arkansas-Little Rock hosts Florida Atlantic on Saturday...It was the first-ever meeting between the teams...The Wildcats shot 50 percent (28-for-56) from the field and grabbed 50 rebounds to just 23 boards for the Trojans.
- ARKANSAS-LITTLE ROCK: 51
Jan 3 8:59 PM
- ARKANSAS-LITTLE ROCK: 30
Jan 3 7:51 PM
- ARKANSAS-LITTLE ROCK: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 3 7:09 PM
- Kentucky reserve G/F Charles Matthews requests transfer May 18
- Calipari plans to coach Kentucky 'the rest of my career' May 16
- Calipari: Defense, size will be Kentucky's initial strengths May 11
- Kentucky's Skal Labissiere announces plan to enter NBA draft Apr 5
- Kentucky guard Jamal Murray says he will enter NBA draft Apr 1
- Calipari: All eligible Kentucky players to enter NBA draft Mar 23
- Kentucky's up-and-down season ends with early tourney exit Mar 20
- Indiana tops Kentucky 73-67 for Sweet 16 berth Mar 19
- Kentucky falters, loses to Indiana 73-67 Mar 19
- Kentucky and Indiana square off for first time in 4 years Mar 18
- Kentucky routs Stony Brook 85-57, gets Indiana next Mar 18
- No. 4 seed Kentucky opens NCAA Tournament vs. Stony Brook Mar 17