No. 2 Kentucky routs ArkansasJan 18, 2012 - 5:35 AM
Davis set the Kentucky single-season record with his second block and currently has 87 in his freshman campaign.
"It's a great accomplishment, especially for a freshman, so I am really proud of myself," Davis said. "I didn't even know how many blocks I had. ...I just wanted to block every shot so they don't have a potential to score."
The Wildcats (18-1, 4-0 SEC) also had four other double-digit scorers -- Doron Lamb (14), Terrence Jones (13), Darius Miller (11) and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist (10) -- in extending their home winning streak to 46 games.
Mardracus Wade netted 12 points for the Razorbacks (13-5, 2-2), who were coming off Saturday's win over LSU.
Arkansas trailed the entire way, falling behind 8-0 less than three minutes in. The margin reach as high as 20 in the first half after Lamb's three- pointer made it 33-13 with 3 1/2 minutes remaining.
The Wildcats connected on 48 percent from the field in the first half for a 37-21 lead, and were even more efficient in the final 20 minutes by hitting 66 percent of their shots.
Davis had a pair of dunks midway through, throwing down the first despite getting fouled. The second slam resulted in a 70-42 cushion that was not challenged down the stretch.
"It was a great opportunity and it's a learning situation for our guys. There are going to be more ball games," Arkansas head coach Mike Anderson said.
Marvell Waithe, Rashad Madden and B.J. Young each scored 10 points for Arkansas, which had just five assists on 23 made field goals...Kentucky shot 19-of-25 from the foul line.
- ARKANSAS: 63
Jan 17 10:59 PM
- ARKANSAS: 21
Jan 17 9:54 PM
- ARKANSAS: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 17 9:06 PM
- Kentucky reserve G/F Charles Matthews requests transfer May 18
- Calipari plans to coach Kentucky 'the rest of my career' May 16
- Calipari: Defense, size will be Kentucky's initial strengths May 11
- Kingsley withdraws name from NBA draft, returns to Arkansas May 9
- Arkansas' Kingsley enters NBA draft, won't hire agent Apr 12
- Kentucky's Skal Labissiere announces plan to enter NBA draft Apr 5
- Kentucky guard Jamal Murray says he will enter NBA draft Apr 1
- Whitt transferring from Arkansas after freshman season Mar 30
- Calipari: All eligible Kentucky players to enter NBA draft Mar 23
- Anderson has NCAA tourney in sights next season for Arkansas Mar 22
- Kentucky's up-and-down season ends with early tourney exit Mar 20
- Kentucky falters, loses to Indiana 73-67 Mar 19