Missouri crushes William & MaryDec 18, 2011 - 11:39 PM Missouri to a 94-56 win over William & Mary on Sunday.
Kim English added 17 points, while Matt Pressey and Ricardo Ratliffe both had 11 for the Tigers, who improved to 11-0 for the first time since the 1981-82 season.
"Good win for us," said Tigers coach Frank Haith. "I thought we played really well today."
Tim Rusthoven scored 14 points to pace the Tribe (2-9), while Matt Rum and Marcus Thornton both chipped in 10.
The result was never in doubt for the high-octane Tigers, who have scored at least 81 points in every game this season. They jumped out to a 19-0 lead against the Tribe and never trailed, leading by as many as 40.
In fact, William & Mary missed its first eight shots from the field and didn't get on the scoreboard until Rum's three-pointer with 8:28 remaining in the opening half.
"I thought defensively we were really, really good in the first half," continued Haith. "And then you know, a team's going to make some shots."
Missouri took a commanding 44-18 lead into the locker room and didn't let up after the break, shooting 67.9 percent (19-for-28) from the field and 45.5 percent (5-for-11) from three-point range over the final 20 minutes of play.
In addition to their perimeter prowess, the Tigers held a decisive edge in the paint, outscoring the Tribe 48-24.
This was the first-ever matchup between the schools...The Tigers have recorded seven 11-0 starts in program history...Marcus Denmon, Missouri's leading scorer entering the game (20.9 ppg), had just seven points on 3-of-11 shooting.
- WILLIAM & MARY: 56
Dec 18 4:52 PM
- WILLIAM & MARY: 18
Dec 18 3:51 PM
- WILLIAM & MARY: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Dec 18 3:07 PM
- Missouri players Isabell, Wright decide to transfer Mar 15
- Anderson gets vote of confidence from athletic director Mar 9
- Missouri says F D'Angelo Allen plans to transfer Feb 29
- Missouri dismisses junior guard Wes Clark Feb 16
- Missouri's suspended players Gant, Woods in doubt vs Vandy Feb 9
- Banned Missouri booster says he meant no harm Jan 19
- Missouri admits NCAA hoops violations, vacates '13-14 season Jan 14
- Missouri at a glance Oct 29
- Missouri adds new faces, still picked to finish last in SEC Oct 29
- Northeastern dancing for first time since 1991 Mar 9
- Huskies and Tribe meet for CAA crown Mar 9
- Turnovers cost Missouri in loss to Arkansas Feb 18