Wisconsin gets back in win column vs. Green BayDec 8, 2011 - 5:30 AM Wisconsin earned a 70-42 bounceback win over Green Bay on Wednesday.
The Badgers (7-2) had lost back-to-back games, falling to then-No. 5 North Carolina a week ago and then-No. 16 Marquette on Saturday.
They never trailed against Green Bay, as Ryan Evans scored 14 points on 5-of-8 shooting and Jared Berggren added 13 points.
"What happens against other teams can have a lot to do with size, speed, experience," Wisconsin coach Bo Ryan said. "So I try not to read too much into any one game. But I like the way--especially in the second half-- I thought we really got some good looks."
Alec Brown scored 10 points to pace the Phoenix (4-5), who had their two-game win streak halted.
They visit Marquette on Saturday.
This past Saturday, Wisconsin had its 23-game home win streak snapped in a 61-54 loss to the Golden Eagles.
On Wednesday, Green Bay proved the perfect foil.
The Badgers had never lost to the Phoenix at the Kohl Center and improved the mark to 15-0 with a thorough trouncing.
They led 12-11 midway through the first half, then used a 14-1 run to grab control of the contest.
Frank Kaminsky capped the run with a layup, giving the Badgers a 26-12 lead with 4:01 remaining. They held a 33-21 advantage at the break, as Evans and Berggren both scored seven points to pace the team.
The lead was protected by the Badgers' stout defense, which held Green bay to just 32.1 percent shooting and forced 16 turnovers, resulting in 21 points on the other end.
"We played a good team on a mission tonight," said Green Bay coach Brian Wardle. "You could tell right off the bat that Wisconsin was coming out and I tried to address that with my team for the last two days."
This was the 18th all-time meeting between the teams. The Badgers hold a 17-1 advantage. They have won 43 consecutive home games against unranked non- conference opponents...Wisconsin will host UNLV on Saturday...The Badgers committed just six turnovers.
- WISCONSIN-GREEN BAY: 42
Dec 7 9:48 PM
- WISCONSIN-GREEN BAY: 21
Dec 7 8:47 PM
- WISCONSIN-GREEN BAY: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Dec 7 8:03 PM
- Wisconsin's Hayes to enter NBA draft, won't sign with agent Apr 20
- Lamont Paris promoted to associate head coach at Wisconsin Apr 12
- Wisconsin's Nigel Hayes to get feedback on draft prospects Apr 5
- Former Badgers player Joe Krabbenhoft back as assistant Apr 4
- Longtime Wisconsin assistant Gary Close leaves Badgers Mar 30
- Steadied under Greg Gard, Wisconsin can build on experience Mar 26
- Notre Dame advances to Elite 8 with 61-56 win over Badgers Mar 26
- Wisconsin's road to 3rd straight Final 4 runs through Irish Mar 25
- Stuck in slump, Wisconsin's Hayes contributes in other ways Mar 22
- Badgers, Musketeers preparing for physical NCAA clash Mar 19
- Texas A&M aims for respect in first NCAA tourney since 2011 Mar 17
- New-look Badgers back in NCAA Tournament against Pittsburgh Mar 17