Middleton paces Aggies to sixth straight winDec 11, 2011 - 4:24 AM College Station, TX (Sports Network) - Khris Middleton returned from a seven-game absence because of a torn meniscus in his right knee and scored a game-high 24 points as No. 22 Texas A&M held off Louisiana-Monroe, 67-54, at Reed Arena.
David Loubeau added 13 points and Elston Turner scored 12 for the Aggies (8-1), who won for the sixth straight time.
Hugh Mingo paced the Warhawks (1-8) with 21 points, nine rebounds and five assists. Fred Brown was Louisiana-Monroe's next highest scorer with seven points.
A 7-0 run by the Warhawks early in the first half put them ahead by a score of 11-5, but the Aggies answered with a couple of three-pointers by Turner and Dash Harris to knot the game at 11.
From that point, the lead changed hands eight times until Turner's jumper with less than seven minutes to go before the break sparked an 11-2 run by Texas A&M to help them take a 38-27 lead at the half.
ULM dominated the first portion of the second half, opening the frame with an 11-3 run before tying the game at 43 on a pair of Fabio Ribeiro free throws with under 15 minutes remaining in the game.
But Texas A&M scored the next 11 points and after the Warhawks got back within five at 54-49 with 5 1/2 minutes left in regulation, Middleton scored eight straight points to put the game away.
Texas A&M shot 45.8 percent from the floor, While ULM shot 37.3 percent...The Warhawks made 5-of-24 shots from three-point range...The Aggies held a 36-29 advantage in rebounds...Ribeiro scored six points and had seven rebounds.
- LOUISIANA-MONROE: 54
TEXAS A&M: 67
Dec 10 9:59 PM
- LOUISIANA-MONROE: 27
TEXAS A&M: 38
Dec 10 8:52 PM
- LOUISIANA-MONROE: 0
TEXAS A&M: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Dec 10 8:08 PM
- No chance for a wild comeback for Aggies in 77-63 loss to OU Mar 25
- Hield, Sooners face former Big 12 foes Aggies in Sweet 16 Mar 24
- House leading the party at Texas A&M into Sweet 16 Mar 22
- Texas A&M downs N Iowa with historic last-minute comeback Mar 21
- Experienced Panthers eager to carry momentum forward Mar 19
- Texas A&M aims for respect in first NCAA tourney since 2011 Mar 17
- Texas A&M announces new 5-year deal for coach Billy Kennedy Mar 12
- Texas A&M rolling toward NCAA tourney after 4-year absence Jan 20
- Washington's Scott Woodward named AD at Texas A&M Jan 8
- Texas A&M athletic director Hyman steps down after 4 years Jan 5
- Podkowa helps No. 18 DePaul women top No. 15 Texas A&M 80-66 Dec 12
- No. 18 Texas A&M loses 67-54 to Arizona State Dec 6