Kuric, Louisville win big over Arkansas StateNov 23, 2011 - 3:46 AM Louisville, KY (Sports Network) - Kyle Kuric scored a game-high 12 points as No. 7 Louisville cruised past Arkansas State, 54-27, at the Global Sports Invitational.
Gorgui Dieng added 10 points for the Cardinals (4-0), and he was the only other player in the contest to record double digits.
Marcus Hooten scored seven points to lead an Arkansas State (1-4) team that shot just 24 percent from the floor.
"Anytime you play good defense, you will have a chance to win and, with our guys, I think it's perfect to win a game," Louisville head coach Rick Pitino said.
There wasn't much offense in the first half, but what there was belonged to the Cardinals.
After Arkansas State scored the first five points to take its only lead of the game, Louisville ripped off a 19-2 run that included seven straight points by Kuric to take control with 7:53 left in the first.
A total of eight points were scored for the remainder of the half and Louisville took a 22-12 lead into the break.
Arkansas State only managed to score four points through the first 10 minutes of the second half as Louisville scored 17 in that span to put the game well out of reach.
"Offensively, we just weren't good enough," Arkansas State head coach John Brady said.
Kuric scored 10 of his 12 points in the first half...Louisville has won all four of its games this season by double digits...The Cardinals have won all three meetings between the teams...Arkansas State's Brandon Peterson had a game-high 10 rebounds.
- ARKANSAS STATE: 27
Nov 22 9:05 PM
- ARKANSAS STATE: 12
Nov 22 7:56 PM
- ARKANSAS STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Nov 22 7:08 PM
- Louisville sophomore Onuaku to undergo heart procedure May 17
- Louisville students' lawsuit against escort is dismissed May 3
- Arkansas State fined, vacates win after apparel violation Apr 13
- Louisville announces more sanctions for men's basketball Apr 6
- Pitino elevates Johnson to Louisville associate head coach Mar 15
- Cardinals' Pitino says he saw nothing 'unusual' at dormitory Mar 15
- Pitino: Will use offseason to decide future with Louisville Mar 1
- Transfers Lewis, Lee relish time spent at No. 11 Louisville Feb 29
- Louisville's Mahmoud out for final 6 games with ankle injury Feb 15
- Pitino: Mathiang won't return this season after foot injury Feb 12
- Louisville's Pitino awaits NCAA interview about sex scandal Feb 9
- Louisville's Pitino: Fine schools, coaches for violations Feb 6