Gators blow past JacksonvilleNov 26, 2011 - 4:10 AM
Erving Walker tallied 21 points and six assists in the win while Brad Beal scored 15 and Patric Young 14 with both grabbing nine rebounds. Mike Rosario came off the bench with 12 points for the Gators (4-1), who won their third in a row.
Florida played without starting forward Erik Murphy, who hurt his right knee in practice Thursday.
"He kind of banged knees with somebody in practice, it was kind of a fluke play," Florida coach Billy Donovan said. "He finished up practice last night. He was really complaining that his knee was bothering him and it continued to swell."
Donovan said he should know something late Saturday as to the status of Murphy.
The Dolphins (2-3) snapped a nine-game losing streak to the Gators last year, picking up a 71-68 overtime win, but there was no magic on Friday. They were led by Russell Powell's 15 points.
Powell's jumper tied the game at 8-8, but the Gators embarked on a 20-2 burst, started by a pair of Boynton foul shots and finished by his three-pointer with 10:21 left in the half.
The lead was 58-38 at the break behind Walker's 16 points, and Florida led by at least 20 the rest of the way.
The Gators have posted nine consecutive wins overall at the O'Connell Center...Jacksonville shot 39 percent from the field, compared to 55 percent for the Gators...Florida went 11-of-25 from three-point range.
- Virginia Tech guard Jalen Hudson transfers to Florida May 16
- Florida guard Francis-Ramirez transferring after 2 seasons May 4
- Florida's Devin Robinson out 4-6 months after foot surgery Apr 21
- Florida guard Walker plans to transfer after graduation Mar 28
- Florida's Egbunu to have season-ending thumb surgery Mar 15
- Florida's Egbunu uncertain to play against UNF in NIT Mar 14
- Florida C Egbunu tears thumb ligament before SEC Tournament Mar 9
- Florida trying to rebuild NCAA resume at SEC Tournament Mar 7
- February freefall leaves Florida in need of Kentucky win Feb 29
- Morehead State beats Jacksonville State 82-71 Feb 27
- With road stretch looming, Florida needs to win at home Feb 8
- Florida likely without starter Justin Leon vs No. 9 WVU Jan 29