Donovan gets 400th career win as Florida routs StetsonNov 29, 2011 - 3:43 AM Orlando, FL (Sports Network) - Brad Beal netted 22 points and pulled down 10 rebounds as No. 10 Florida routed Stetson, 96-70, on Monday.
Erving Walker dropped 21 points to go with five assists and Kenny Boynton chipped in with 13 points and three steals for the Gators (5-1), who have won four straight.
Florida head coach Billy Donovan earned his 400th career win and, at age 46, became the youngest active coach in NCAA Divison I basketball to reach the milestone, passing Kansas' Bill Self, who notched his 400th win at age 48.
Mike Rosario contributed 10 points off the bench for Florida.
Chris Perez paced Stetson (3-3) with 20 points, while Adam Pegg scored 19 points and grabbed four rebounds.
Willie Green chipped in with 11 points and five rebounds off the Hatters' bench.
Florida took an early 7-4 lead with a three-pointer from Boynton and pushed the lead to 15-9 with another three-pointer from Beal.
Consecutive buckets by Rosario and Scottie Wilbekin gave the Gators a 23-12 advantage with 12 1/2 minutes to go in the opening half.
A layup by Beal with just over seven minutes to play in the first half gave Florida its largest lead of the half at 22, 38-16.
But, Stetson responded with a 13-0 run over the next four-plus minutes of game time to get within nine, 38-29.
A pair of free throws by Walker finally snapped the run and the Gators closed the first half with a 9-2 burst to take a 47-31 lead into the locker room.
In the second half, a layup by Boynton early gave the Gators a 22-point advantage and they led by double digits the rest of the way en route to the easy victory.
Florida shot 46.6 percent from the floor and 40 percent from beyond the arc, while Stetson shot 41.4 percent from the floor, but only 1-of-17 from three- point land.
Florida has won its last 17 meetings with Stetson and owns a 52-14 advantage in the all-time series...All five of Florida's wins this year have been by a double-digit margin...Donovan is 365-148 in 16 seasons at the helm...Since the 1998-99 campaign, Florida is 271-36 when holding opponents to 70 or fewer points.
- Virginia Tech guard Jalen Hudson transfers to Florida May 16
- Florida guard Francis-Ramirez transferring after 2 seasons May 4
- Florida's Devin Robinson out 4-6 months after foot surgery Apr 21
- Florida guard Walker plans to transfer after graduation Mar 28
- Florida's Egbunu to have season-ending thumb surgery Mar 15
- Florida's Egbunu uncertain to play against UNF in NIT Mar 14
- Florida C Egbunu tears thumb ligament before SEC Tournament Mar 9
- Florida trying to rebuild NCAA resume at SEC Tournament Mar 7
- Stetson makes intriguing run to A-Sun final against FGCU Mar 5
- February freefall leaves Florida in need of Kentucky win Feb 29
- With road stretch looming, Florida needs to win at home Feb 8
- Florida likely without starter Justin Leon vs No. 9 WVU Jan 29